The NBA season is a few short weeks away, and it’s the perfect time for you to join our team here at Welcome to Loud City. Jon Hamm is moving on, and we’re looking for our next site manager.
If you love writing, the Thunder, and the community we’ve built here at Welcome to Loud City, this might be the perfect opportunity for you. Keep reading to learn more.
What does the role entail?
The manager would be responsible for the following duties:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover Thunder storylines and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Thunder and news and is already familiar with Welcome to Loud City.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a resume detailing any writing and/or management experience, a cover letter explaining why you’re the best fit for the role, and a basketball-related writing sample. You must submit all three items via the Vox Media Careers page to be considered for this opportunity.
If you have questions about the role or the application process, please contact Jeanna Thomas, SB Nation’s Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to Loud City and SB Nation are committed to bringing you coverage of the Thunder from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your qualifications and experience do not perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.