If you’re reading this, we’re assuming you love the Thunder and the community we’ve built here at Welcome to Loud City. Here’s your chance to become a bigger part of the community in a more meaningful way.
As you may have heard, longtime site manager J.A. Sherman is moving on, and now we have big shoes to fill at Welcome to Loud City. Keep reading to see if this might be the right opportunity for you.
What does the role entail?
The site manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover the Thunder and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Thunder and news and is already familiar with Welcome to Loud City.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a cover letter explaining why you’re the best candidate to fill this role, a resume detailing any previous management and writing experience, and a Thunder-related writing sample via our Vox Media careers page. You must submit all three items to be considered for this role.
If you have questions about this role, the application process, or Welcome to Loud City and SB Nation in general, contact Jeanna Thomas, SB Nation’s talent manager for team brands, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to Loud City, SB Nation, and Vox Media are committed to bringing you coverage of the Thunder from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your qualifications and experience do not perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the ability to flourish in this role, we encourage you to apply.