TODAY IS THE DAY! BASKETBALL IS BACK! I REPEAT, BASKETBALL IS BACK.
This kid is my spirit animal.
The Thunder don’t begin their season until Thursday night, but we can still get excited about the NBA’s return and gambling!
SportsBettingDime.com has released their 2017-2018 NBA odds, and to no one’s surprise, the Golden State Warriors are the odds-on favorite to repeat as champs this season at 9/10. We’ll focus mostly on Thunder odds here, but I’ll list the top NBA Title odds below.
- Golden State Warriors: 9/10
- Cleveland Cavaliers: 11/1
- Boston Celtics: 12/1
- Oklahoma City Thunder: 13/1
- Houston Rockets: 15/1
- San Antonio Spurs: 25/1
- Minnesota Timberwolves: 28/1
- Washington Wizards: 50/1
- Toronto Raptors: 66/1
- Philadelphia 76ers: 66/1
OKC sits in the number four spot at 13/1, just behind the Boston Celtics. Looking at this top ten, Houston being fifth behind the Thunder and Celtics probably sticks out to me the most. Philadelphia sneaking into the top 10 is obviously eye popping as well.
Let’s take a look at where the Thunder appear in the rest of SportsBettingDime.com’s odds.
Odds to meet in the 2018 NBA Finals
- Cavs vs. Thunder: 7/1
- Celtics vs. Thunder: 9/1
Odds to win MVP
- Russell Westbrook: 9/1 - The reigning MVP has the fourth best odds, sitting behind Kwahi Leonard (7/2), LeBron James (9/2), and Kevin Durant (7/1).
Odds to lead the NBA in scoring
- Westbrook is 15/1, good for sixth best odds to lead the league in scoring. At 4/1, Anthony Davis sits atop the list.
Odds to lead the NBA in assists
- Westbrook is the odds on favorite here at 9/2.
Odds on highest scoring average with new team
- Both Carmelo Anthony and Paul George are mentioned by SportsBettingDime on this list. PG is second at 7/2, behind the odds-on favorite Kyrie Irving (2/1). Anthony is 20/1 to lead OKC is scoring.
Over/Under combined PPG of teammates in 2017-2018
- The Thunder’s new trio takes the cake here. Russ, PG, and Melo are the favorites at 74, followed by Durant/Curry/Thompson (72.5) and LeBron/Thomas/Love (69.5).
SportsBettingDime.com also had a few fun props listed, including the odds on who would be the first team fined for resting players. OKC was listed at 25/1, good for sixth overall. If you’re looking for an over/under on Carmelo’s points vs. the Knicks on Thursday, they have that too - 25.5.