Congratulations to Kevin Durant, who was selected by the NBA to act as the coach for the West in this year's Celebrity All-Star Game. He will be joined by Orlando Magic star Dwight Howard, who will be coaching the East.
Howard, Durant Go Head to Head at Celebrity All-Star Game | NBA.com
The current collection of celebrity talent includes:
- Ne-Yo (Grammy winner)
- Common (Just Wright)
- JB Smoove (Curb Your Enthusiasm)
- Vinny Guadagnino (Jersey Shore)
- Kevin Hart (Laugh At My Pain)
- Javier Colon (The Voice)
- Drew & Jonathan Scott (Property Brothers)
- Jesse Williams (Grey's Anatomy
- Mitch Richmond (former All-Star)
- Tamika Catchings (WNBA MVP)
- Penny Hardaway (Former All-Star, inspiration for Chris Rock)
- Nick Anderson (NBA legend, free throw expert)
- Doug Gottlieb (ESPN)
The game is scheduled for Friday, Feb. 24 during the All-Star Jam weekend.
The "game" is usually secondary to the celebrity sightings, but if you're into that sort of thing, check it out. For me personally, I'd seriously rather watch Kevin Durant shooting jumpers alone in a gym for 2 hours than this sort of thing, but then again, I'm just an old fellow/get off my lawn.