In the interest of...well, competition, I'm launching a All-Star Contest for all Welcome to Loud City Members! I did this last year with other Thunder blogs, but I figured it would be better to have it be a more wide-open contest, and actually have some prizes on the line.
If you didn't already know, I'm an All-Star junkie, and I can't get enough of it, especially the more minor competitions, like the Haier Shooting Stars, the Celebrity All-Star Game, and G-E-I-C-O. Obviously, I wish the NBA still had an old-timers game, but All-Star weekend is just as good as it ever was.
Think of this as a way to put stakes on the less interesting All-Star competitions, and gain forever lasting fame on this blog.
So, what are the Rules?
1. One entry per person.
2. Entrant must correctly and clearly fill out each answer.
3. Each Correct answer counts as one point.
4. Please note that if you think a rookie will win the Dunk Competition, please put "Rookie Run-Off Winner" as your answer. This is to ensure that all 4 selections will have equal chance of winning. If you select an individual rookie, you will only be awarded the point if that rookie wins. So, obviously, it will be to your advantage to put "Rookie Run-Off Winner" if you think a rookie will win.
5. The person with the most points will receive the below mentioned prize, and will be mentioned on the front page.
6. In the event of a tie, the person who gets closest to the total All-Star score, plus or minus, will win.
7. In the event the total All-Star score does not separate the competitors, whomever correctly predicted the most MVPs will win.
8. In the event of a Co-MVP for any event, if you successfully picked one of the MVPs, you get the full point.
9. You must be a member of Welcome to Loud City to participate.
10. Staff Members are eligible to participate.
11. If Zorgon wins, he keeps the golf balls and has the right to gloat endlessly.
12. Entries that duplicate an already entered participants form are not allowed, and will be disqualified from winning.
13. Entries must be recieved by 6 PM Central Standard Time, Friday, February 11th, 2010.
14. Picks must be submitted in the comments of this post.
So, what can you win?
3 Thunder-Branded Nike One Golf Balls!
Yeah, it's not much. I really don't know what these golf balls are worth. I got them when I won the Love's Ultimate Thunder Fan Contest last year, and I don't have any use for them, as I don't play golf. Hopefully, some of you golf. If not, you can be one of the few to ever own Golf balls with a Thunder Logo on them. You can put it on your mantelpiece, and talk for hours and hours with friends about how you obtained this rare item.
Below is the form you need to use to participate, and my picks for the events. Simply remove my picks and insert yours. Just submit your picks in the comments of this post.
Thunder 2010 All-Star Challenge
Celebrity All-Star Game MVP (Rosters Here): Special K Daley (Though I would love for it to be Chris Mullin)
T-Mobile Rookie Challenge Winner: Rookies
T-Mobile Rookie Challenge MVP (Rosters Here): Dejuan Blair
G-E-I-C-O Winner (Participants Here): Omri Cassipi
Haier Shooting Stars Winner (Participants Here): Team Atlanta
Taco Bell Skills Challenge Winner (Participants Here): Brandon Jennings
Foot Locker 3-Point Shootout Winner (Participants Here): Stephen Curry
Sprite Slam Dunk Winner (Participants Here) *: Gerald Wallace
All-Star Game Winner: East
All-Star Game MVP (Rosters Here): Allen Iverson
Combined Final Score of the All-Star Game: 136
*Please note that if you think a rookie will win the Dunk Competition, please put "Rookie Run-Off Winner" as your answer. This is to ensure that all 4 selections will have equal chance of winning. If you select an individual rookie, you will only be awarded the point if that rookie wins. So, obviously, it will be to your advantage to put "Rookie Run-Off Winner" if you think a rookie will win.
Remember, you've got to submit your entry by 6 PM Central Standard Time, Friday, February 11th, 2010! So get cracking!