The SBNation NBA Blog collaboration continues today, and our task this week was to write a word or phrase that first came to mind when you thought of each NBA team. All of the responses from our network of NBA bloggers were kept private, leaving everybody with an anonymous list of what people thought of their team. I thought I'd spice things up a bit by offering a short take on each phrase suggested.
- Talented (x2) - We are talented, but most would attribute the Thunder's success to a strong team mentality....I feel like this would moreso apply to the Lakers or Heat.
- Kid Delicious - My favourite one of them all.
- Flawed - Very few teams have no flaws. Sure, our flaws are more exploitable than we'd like you to think they are, but we did get to the finals last year.
- Funtime - I agree, but funtime has some other connotations that I don't even want to think about.
- Pristine - We are scot-free. I mean it's not like we were born out of controversy or anything....
- Stolen - Oh fine. FINE. I haven't heard this argument enough before already.
- Slammin' - Whoever wrote this comment has to be the greatest man to ever walk on this earth. (Obviously not me.)
- young - Yup.
- likable - Some circles like to say so. The only real slant you might have against the Thunder is how everybody seems to like them, and not in a Tim Tebow kind of way.
- future champs - I sure hope so.
- payroll mistakes - I don't really get this one....I think someone thinks we over paid for Ibaka? Eh. The Thunder haven't inked a bad contract since they were the Supersonics.
- Stolen - Yeah, yeah.
- homegrown - Well, the only local player we seem to have is Daniel Orton, so I don't know if I'd agree.
- Starcrossed - Hopefully we won't take our own lives, like in Romeo and Juliet.
- dangerous - Like Darkwing Duck, we always get dangerous.
- Legit - 2 Legit 2 Quit.
- Durant - This one's creative.
- Durantastic - Even better!
- Newbie - I hope Kansas City, St. Louis, or Louisville gets a team or something.
- Destiny - Now you're getting into some Eastern Philosophy or something.
- Expensive - Uh, lol? Our salaries are pretty reasonable, all things considered.
- Man-child - Nobody on our team is baby-faced, so I'll assume he's talking about these photos.
- Envied - Rebuilding properly is a wonderful thing.
- Scary - Fear the beard.
- The Way - Now you're getting back into Eastern Philosophy again. Anybody down to read some Confucius?
- Lucky - Something tells me this was written by a Trail Blazers fan. But I could be wrong.
- Exciting - Fast break all day!
So, what comes to your mind when you think, "Oklahoma City Thunder"? Got any good phrases for other teams? Any thoughts on the words that other bloggers chose to describe the Thunder? Let us know in the comments!