Here is a quick synopsis of how the Thunder squared against the Dallas Mavericks this season.
Game 1: Mavericks 111, Thunder 103
- A 4th quarter collapse. Thunder lost six point 4th quarter lead and trailed by as many as 14 late.
- Inability to guard Dirk Nowitzki in the post.
- Despite some late misses, Kevin Durant scored 32 points and did not seem to have too much trouble generating offense.
Game 2: Mavericks 103, Thunder 93
- Dirk injured early, leaving the Mavs without 25% of their offense. They still won.
- Another 4th quarter collapse.
- Offensive strategy late in the game was a mess; no sense of purpose.
- Early signs from James Harden, scoring 18.
Game 3: Thunder 99, Mavericks 95
- Mavs lose Caron Butler for the season.
- Despite missing almost half of their offense, Mavs led most of the way.
- Psychological hurdle of beating the Mavs accomplished.