Darnell Mayberry was on the scene as the Thunder began their abbreviated training camp. Head on over to the Oklahoman's web site to get his full story, but in brief, here are some of the highlights:
- The first question asked was in regard to Thabo Sefolosha and James Harden. You know which one.
- Everyone loves the new training facility: "This is probably the best one in all of sports," said All-Star point guard Russell Westbrook. "You can pretty much sleep here if you want. They did a good job of giving us everything we want."
- Everybody reported to camp in shape. Although by the look of that photo in Mayberry's post, they look a bit sleepy.
- Everybody is happy that Daequan Cook signed his extension. Said Kevin Durant: "To have him back on our team was big. His role for us last year kind of grew toward the end of the season. I'm looking forward to seeing that progress and build on that coming into this year."
- Durant is not yet making any bold predictions. I'll make one - Durant will eat chicken wings very soon.
- Durant said he'd have to adjust to the league's new rules about his rip move. Given how the move turned into a liability for Durant during the Mavericks series, I think we're making a bigger deal out of it than he is.
- Coach Scott Brooks said the number one focus heading into camp is defense. Shocking, I know.